North Valley Little League
T-Ball Division Rules
- The TBall Division is a beginner division and purely instructional and is solely about having fun and learning a little about baseball
- No outs are recorded and no score is kept
- Length of game is 3 innings or 90 minutes. Games that start late on Saturday are subject to stop for the next game scheduled.
- Teams can have 3 or more coaches on the field and one must always be in the dugout.
- All players play in the field on defense.
- There is no catcher in tball
- Coaches are allowed to be in the defensive field with the players to help them
- Batting Lineup: All players will bat each inning
- There is no on-deck circle and no bats may be picked up before player is called to bat.
- Balls hit in the infield will allow all base runners to advance (1) one base
- Balls hit into the outfield will allow all runners to advance (2) two bases
- If a batter is out on the play, he/she can remain on the base
- All Players will hit off the tee until the designated time selected by the Player Agent for tball.
- Coach pitch can begin on Saturday April 11th. Players must hit off the tee until that date, no exceptions
- During coach pitch, the player can choose to hit off the tee instead of being pitched to.
- Coach can pitch over hand or underhand to player from distance that is comfortable
- Batter will receive 4 pitches to hit the ball. If after the 4th pitch the ball is not in play, the batter will immediately hit from the tee.
- Only if the 4th pitch, and any pitch thereafter, is fouled can the batter receive another coach pitch. Taking or missing a 4th pitch or beyond will result in going to the tee.